Bed bugs are some of the most feared insects, which aren’t found only in your home, but also in poultry homes. The bed bugs come from Asia and spread rapidly in Central and Eastern Europe with people’s help.
Bed bugs are brought in the house by its inhabitants, and even if they don’t spread diseases, their bites can cause severe allergies.
If you are also confronted with this problem, then you must immediately take measures to exterminate them. The first hint that you are confronted with bed bugs is the appearance of small and black spots on the mattress and bed sheets. The bed bugs are between 4 and 8 mm in length.
Here’s what you need to do to get rid of bed bugs quickly:
1. Carefully inspect all the bedding in the house, including pet sleeping areas, to see if you are facing an invasion. Bed bugs can be observed in the evening when they become active with a fluorescent lamp.
2. Carefully vacuum the mattress with a steam cleaner. Heat kills both adult bed bugs and their eggs.
3. If the first method won’t work, use contact insecticides such as pyrethroids.
4. Carefully check the furniture around the bed, because it can also be infected. It is advisable to take it out, in an airy place, to wash it and apply insecticide all over it. Also, all clothes should be washed at high temperatures to remove any trace of bed bugs.
5. Vacuum and ventilate the mattress regularly until you notice that these insects completely disappear.
Image Credits: Dailymail