There are still people who feel embarrassed when they have to open such a subject: in getting rid of pee stains from the mattress. But, once you have children or pets in the house, this subject should be debated with others, in my opinion.
Buying a mattress is not a cheap task, because we invest an amount of money in something that we will use for years. That’s why no one wants to have pee stains in their mattresses, but you can’t avoid this when you have children. And the most important thing is that pee stains are not hygienic, developing all sort of smells and bacteria.
So if the baby has peeped in bed, here’s what you need to do, fast!
How to clean urine stains from your mattress
1. Use a dry cloth or paper towel to gently wipe the excess urine, and then gently remove the bed sheets. Avoid rubbing the stain because it will penetrate deeply in the mattresses fabric.
2. Sprinkle baking soda over the affected area to absorb the moisture.
3. Make a mixture from equal parts of white vinegar and lukewarm water, and apply it over the stain. Let it act for 3-5 minutes, and then repeat the first step.
4. Now, sprinkle baking soda over the stain again to absorb the moisture. Allow the mattress to dry for about 18-20 hours, and put your child to sleep in another room.
5. Last step, use the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the remaining baking soda powder. Take the mattress from the bed, and let it to stand for another 1-2 days in a well-ventilated place. This way the ventilated air will also remove the last fragments of odor from the mattress.
Or you can place an electric fan to dry it faster.