There are many people who feel uncomfortable when opening such a subject: getting rid of pee stains from the mattress. But, once you have children or pets, this topic shouldn’t be taboo anymore.
Buying a mattress is not a cheap task, because we’are spending money for something that we will use for years. That’s why no one wants pee stains on the mattress: but this issue its inevitabla when you have children. And the most important thing is that pee stains are not hygienic, and all sort of smells and bacteria may occur on the mattress.
So, if you’re facing this problem, here’s what you need to do!
How to clean urine stains from your mattress
1. Use a dry cloth or paper towel to gently wipe the excess urine, then remove the bed sheets. Avoid rubbing the stain because it will penetrate the mattress fabric.
2. Sprinkle baking soda over the stained area – it will absorb the moisture.
3. Make a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and lukewarm water and apply it over the stain. Let it act for 3-5 minutes, then repeat the first step.
4. Now, sprinkle baking soda over the stain. Let the mattress dry for about 18-20 hours.
5. Finally, use the vacuum cleaner to remove the remaining baking soda debris. Put your mattress for 1-2 days in a well-ventilated place. This way, the air will remove the bad odor definitively.
Also, you can use an electric fan to dry it faster.